Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina Hosts Weekly Leeward Meets Windward Event
- Who: Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina hosts weekly Leeward Meets Windward cultural event.
- What: Every Friday evening as the sun sets, follow the trade winds to Scrub Island and explore Caribbean cuisines, culture, art and music. Locals and guests relish in traditional Caribbean fare expertly prepared by Executive Chef Michael Wedderburn and his culinary team including Callaloo Soup, Stewed Chicken from St. Lucia; Curry Goat from Guyana, Spicy BBQ Pork Chops from Barbados; Fresh Conch Fritters from Tortola; Boudin (Blood Sausages) from Dominica; Jerk Chicken from Jamaica; Caribbean Grilled Fresh Fish from the BVI; Simmered Hot Sauce Chicken Wings from Grenada; and our dramatic Banana and Pineapple Flambé. The Caribbean buffet is $50 per person. The Caribbean vibe is amplified by the sounds of Steel Pan, BVI Fungi music, Moco Jumbie Dancers grooving the night away, and guests browsing in the artists’ market, featuring local talent and crafts.
- When: Friday Evenings, 7 – 9:45 p.m.
- Where: Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina on the Grand Patio at the Resort Pavilion
Complimentary private launch from Trellis Bay :45 after the hour; returns on the half hour.
- Media Contact: Lauren Swoboda/Hayworth Public Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org/386-677-7000. For more information visit Scrubisland.com/dining-on-scrub-island.html