5 Reasons Why Summer Rocks for Kids at Scrub Island
It’s that magical time of the year when the school year and homework fade away, and the guarantee of a fun and exciting summer vacation is right around the corner. If you haven’t planned or booked a trip yet, let me give you 5 reasons why Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is the perfect destination for your summer vacation!
Disclaimer: I don’t have kids. But, most of my friends do, and whenever I travel or go on a vacation I always keep an eye out for family-fun activities. Growing up, my family always traveled, and there is nothing more educational than getting exposed to new places and people. Our vacation adventures created lasting lifetime memories!
While most people may perceive this luxury private island is just for honeymooners, star-crossed lovers and BVI enthusaists, there are also plenty of activities to keep your posse blissfully busy. If you haven’t planned a booked a trip yet, let me give you 5 reasons why Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is the perfect destination for your summer vacation!
1. Hiking! All of the 60 islands in the BVI were formed by volcanoes (except Anegada, which is made out of coral), so that means mountains and rugged topography. “Big Scrub” is completely undeveloped, and it boasts an elevation of well over 300 feet high, offering sweeping views of the Caribbean Sea and the neighboring islands.
2. Did someone say water slide? The three-tier infinity pool has an epic slide to keep “children of all ages” occupied for hours. For a little added fun, bring the GoPro and make good use of all that “free labor.” It won’t be long before you have plenty of video footage capturing poolside antics, splashes and crashes.
3. The rumors are true. Scrub Island has a water trampoline. I don’t know what rock I was living under, but I had no idea that trampolines could go in the water. Bouncing, diving and flipping were never this fun… or safe! I will admit it kept me entertained for hours. Parents, don’t worry! There are comfortable chairs on Pavilion Beach, where you can lay out, read and work on your tan while keeping an eye on the marine gymnastics.
4. Search for hermit crabs on North Beach. One of my favorite activities as a child was hunting for shells and discovering the native wildlife. When you meet these friendly BVI locals, don’t worry they won’t be in a rush. While I was there I saw all kinds of hermit crabs, all different shapes and sizes. While North Beach caters more to the adults, kids can still enjoy all the natural wonders walking the sandy white beaches. (If you’re really lucky, you may come across a sea turtle nesting site, which can be a life-changing event!)
5. Dive in with water activities like snorkeling and kayaking. Visit the main pool area, pick up life jackets and take the kids on an adventure by kayak. Some of the kayaks at Scrub Island Resort have glass bottoms, so you can see right through them while you paddle through the crystal-clear Caribbean waters. You can also rent snorkeling gear at Dive BVI for a small charge to check out all the underwater attractions like the colorful coral and exciting sea life.
There is no doubt that Scrub Island Resort offers up plenty of fun for the entire family! Book your summer vacation now and plan to make memories that will last a lifetime!
Insider Tip: The resort has gorgeous villas, ranging from two to four bedrooms. Perfect for accommodating families of all sizes!