Via San Juan (SJU):
The most convenient international airport to Scrub Island is in San Juan, Puerto Rico (airport code SJU).
- From San Juan, catch a short connecting flight with scheduled service via Seaborne Airlines, Cape Air or interCaribbean Airways to the British Virgin Islands airport, Beef Island/Tortola (airport code EIS).
- Seaborne Airlines has 32-seat, air-conditioned planes and code share with Delta Airlines, American Airlines, and US Airways.
- Cape Air has small 9-seat aircraft and code share with Jet Blue Airways.
- interCaribbean Airways has a 30-seat aircraft and code share with British Airways, out of Antigua.
- Exclusive charter service is also available via Virgin Gorda Air Charter BVI, connecting Beef Island/Tortola (EIS) with service from/to San Juan (SJU), or to/from St. Thomas (STT).
However you arrive, you will be greeted in Tortola (EIS) by a Scrub Island Representative who will escort you to the Trellis Bay Ferry Dock to meet Scrub Island’s private ferry. For the updated ferry schedule, please refer to “Scrub Island’s Private Launch” information below.
Via St. Thomas (STT):
You can get to Scrub Island through St. Thomas, USVI. Once in St. Thomas, catch a short taxi ride to Charlotte Amalie Ferry Dock.
- There are three daily fast ferries to Road Town Tortola. (12:00, 2:00 and 4:00 p.m.) The 4:00 p.m. ferry is the last ferry of the day, so it’s important to arrive in St. Thomas with plenty of time. Public ferry schedule
- The ferry fees range from $55–60 round-trip from Charlotte Amalie to Road Town, Tortola. You will clear BVI Customs in Road Town.
- Once in Road Town, catch a taxi to Trellis Bay ferry dock. The taxi ride averages $27 one-way.
- For the updated ferry schedule, please refer to “Scrub Island’s Private Launch” information below.
Via St. Maarten (SXM):
Connect in St. Maarten on Winair’s double daily service to Tortola or via interCaribbean Airways.
For Parties of 4 or More:
Whether you’re coming to Scrub Island with your family or entourage, you’ll find a private charter not only offers luxury, but an economy of scale. We recommend the following charter companies to seamlessly connect you to Tortola (EIS) from San Juan (SJU), St. Thomas (STT) and St. Maarten (SXM). End airport anxiety and start your private island vacation on your time.
ONCE YOU ARRIVE
We greet each and every guest upon arrival at the Beef Island Airport and drive you to Trellis Bay Dock, just a two-minute drive from the airport, where you will board our private launch to Scrub Island. In order to provide this service seamlessly, it’s important that our staff know your incoming and departing flight information. Scrub Island also has a heliport available to guests.
Scrub Island’s Private Launch:
Scrub Island is just a 10-minute ferry ride from Tortola’s Trellis Bay Dock via our private launch.
Hours of operation:
- From Trellis Bay: 6:45 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- From Scrub Island: 6:30 a.m. to 10:15 p.m.
Scrub Island Ferry Schedule
- Constant trade winds with average temperatures of 80-92˚ Fahrenheit provide the perfect setting for casual summer attire during daytime and nice casual nighttime attire. Flip-flops and bathing suits are worn year-round with only a light jacket occasionally needed during evenings in the winter months.
- Winter 80˚- 85˚ Spring 85˚- 90˚ Summer 90˚- 92˚ Fall 85˚- 90˚
- A valid passport is the principal entry requirement into the BVI. All U.S. and Canadian citizens must present a valid passport for all travel, whether by air or sea, to the islands. Currency in the BVI is the U.S. Dollar.
- Effective September 1, 2017, an environmental and tourism levy of $10.00 per person (3 years & older) will be collected on arrival at the ports of entry, the proceeds from which will be used to facilitate environmental protection and improvement, counteract the effects of climate change, and maintain and develop tourist sites and other related activities.
- Prior to departure, a passenger tax and security tax totaling $20.00 per person will be collected.
- Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport — EIS — located on Beef Island (adjacent to Tortola)
- Airport Phone: 284.494.3701
- Hotel direction: 1 mile(s) NE of the airport