Via San Juan (SJU):
- The most convenient international airport to Scrub Island is in San Juan, Puerto Rico (airport code SJU). From San Juan, guests catch a short connecting flight with scheduled service via Seaborne Airlines or Cape Air to the British Virgin Islands airport, Beef Island/Tortola (airport code EIS).
- Seaborne Airlines has 32 seat, air-conditioned planes and code share with Delta Airlines, American Airlines, and US Airways.
- Cape Air has small 9-seat aircraft and code share with Jet Blue Airways.
- Exclusive charter service is also available via Virgin Gorda Air Charter BVI. Connecting Beef Island/Tortola (EIS) with service from/to San Juan (SJU), or to/from St. Thomas (STT).
- You will be greeted in Tortola/EIS by a Scrub Island Representative who will escort you to the Trellis Bay Ferry Dock to meet Scrub Island’s private ferry.
- The private Scrub Island Ferry is complimentary and leaves the Trellis Bay ferry dock every hour at: 45 minutes past the hour.
Via St. Thomas (STT):
- You can get to Scrub Island through St. Thomas, USVI. Once in St. Thomas, catch a short taxi ride to Charlotte Amalie Ferry Dock.
- There are 3 daily fast ferries to Road Town Tortola, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm. It is important to arrive in St. Thomas with plenty of time to catch the 4pm ferry, as it’s the last ferry of the day. Public ferry schedules can be found here: http://www.bvitourism.com/inter-island-ferries
- The ferry ranges from $55-$60 round trip from Charlotte Amalie to Road Town, Tortola. You will clear BVI Customs in Road Town.
- Once in Road Town, you will need to catch a taxi to Trellis Bay ferry dock. The taxi ride averages $27 one way.
- The private Scrub Island Ferry leaves the Trellis Bay ferry dock every hour: 45 minutes past the hour and is complimentary.
Via St. Maarten (SXM):
- Connect in St. Maarten on Winair’s double daily service to Tortola. Winair has interline agreements with most of the major US carriers.
Once you Arrive:
- We greet each and every guest upon arrival at the Beef Island Airport. We then drive you to Trellis Bay Dock, just a 2 minute drive from the Airport where you will board our private launch to Scrub Island. In order to provide this service seamlessly, it's important for our staff to know your incoming and departing flight information.
- Scrub Island is just a 10-minute ferry ride from Tortola's Trellis Bay Dock via our private launch. Scrub Island also has two heliports available to guests.
- Scrub Island's private launch departs Trellis Bay Dock at: 45 minutes after each hour and departs Scrub Island at: 30 minutes after each hour.
- Hours of operation: From Trellis Bay 5:45am to 10:45pm
- From Scrub Island 6:30am to 10:30pm Scrub Island Ferry Schedule
- Constant trade winds with average temperatures of 80-92˚ Fahrenheit provide the perfect setting for casual summer attire during daytime and nice casual nighttime attire. Flip-flops and bathing suits are worn year-round with only a light jacket occasionally needed during evenings in the winter months.
- Winter 80˚- 85˚ Spring 85˚- 90˚ Summer 90˚- 92˚ Fall 85˚- 90˚
- A valid passport is the principal entry requirement into the BVI. All U.S. and Canadian citizens must present a valid passport for all travel, whether by air or sea, to the islands. Currency in the BVI is the U.S. Dollar.
- Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport – EIS – located on Beef Island (adjacent to Tortola)
- Airport Phone: 284.494.3701
- Hotel direction: 1 mile(s) NE of the airport
WINAIR INCREASES FLIGHTS
Windward Islands Airways (WINAIR) will increase their flights to Tortola and Dominica for the peak summer period. Tortola flights will be 5 days a week on Mondays Tuesdays Wednesday Fridays and Saturday from St. Maarten to Tortola, and on Tuesdays Wednesdays Thursdays Saturdays and Sundays from Tortola to St. Maarten. The flight leaves St. Maarten depending on the day at Monday and Saturday at 11:40am, on Monday Tuesday and Friday at 5:30pm and Wednesday and Saturday at 7:30pm and arrives Tortola at 12:25pm, 6:15pm and 8:15pm, for the return the flights leaves Tortola on Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Saturday and Sunday at 8:00am and on Wednesday and Saturday at 12:45pm and arrives in St. Maarten at 8:55am and13:35pm. The flight will overnight on Mondays Tuesdays Wednesdays Fridays and Saturdays in order to connect with Insel Air, Copa Airlines and Caribbean Airlines. The peak period will be from July 14 until September 4, 2015.
WINAIR increased Dominica service to six days a week for the Summer peak period will be from July 12th until August 31st, 2015. The flights will be on Mondays Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The flight leaves St. Maarten at 5:30pm and arrives at 6:30pm for the return the flight leaves Dominica at 8:00am and arrives St. Maarten at 9:00am. Customers can contact their preferred travel agent, WINAIR or their website at http://www.fly-winair.sx for any additional information
Scrub Island British Virgin Islands is located approximately 74 miles (119 km) east of Puerto Rico (eastern Fajardo, Puerto Rico to Scrub Island, BVI), 28 miles (45 km) NE of Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas of the U.S. Virgin Islands, and 1.66 miles (2.7 km) North of Trellis Bay / Beef Island Airport ( EIS ).
View Larger Map