Protocol for All Travelers Effective December 1, 2020
We’re thrilled to announce that paradise has re-opened and we can’t wait to welcome you to Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina! While the journey to the British Virgin Islands may be different than before, we are confident we can deliver a spectacular experience.
Please be sure to read the below in its entirety to prepare for your visit to our destination.
Traveling to EIS Airport
Visitors can arrive at the Terrance B. Lettsome Airport (EIS) on Tortola beginning December 1, 2020.
Travelers who tests positive for COVID-19 before arrival will not be allowed to enter the Territory. However, should a person test positive during any stage after arrival, they will be required to quarantine for 14 days.
- Prior to your arrival, please visit the BVI Gateway Online Portal to complete a travel declaration and upload test results and get approval, in the form of a BVI Gateway Traveler Authorization Certificate, to visit the BVI before boarding their flight. Proof of medical insurance that includes coverage for COVID-19 must also be provided.
- All travelers will be required to pay for the traveler app, monitoring bracelet and the required two tests (entry and four-day) at a total charge of $175 per person.
- Travelers will be charged $125 for any tampering or damage to the monitoring bracelet.
- Children ages 5 and under are exempt from testing.
The following will be required for all travelers to the BVI:
- A Certified RT-PCR COVID-19 negative test within three days prior to arrival.
- At a new Welcome Center in the airport, officials will perform health screening including temperature check plus a COVID-19 PCR test. Visitors will also be required to download to their phone a contact tracing application and use a wearable device (tracking bracelet).
- Upon negative test results, guests are then provided a safe haven within the confines of Scrub Island, complete with access to all resort amenities.
- A final test will be administered at Scrub Island following the safe haven 4 day period, which if negative, allows our guests to travel outside of Scrub Island to enjoy the Territory.
If positive results are received:
- Should a guest test positive, they will be required to quarantine for 14 days at the resort, confined to their accommodations, with no access to amenities.
- This is why travel insurance is mandatory!