We’re thrilled that paradise has re-opened and we can’t wait to welcome you to Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina! While the journey to the British Virgin Islands may be different than before, we are confident we can deliver a spectacular experience. Due to the nature of our resort in the current climate, some amenities may not be available during your stay. Our team is happy to provide you with additional details based on the dates of your time in paradise.
Traveling to EIS Airport
Travelers who test positive for COVID-19 before arrival to the Terrance B. Lettsome Airport (EIS) will not be allowed to enter the Territory. However, should a person test positive during any stage after arrival, they will be required to quarantine for 14 days.
- Prior to your arrival, please visit the BVI Gateway Online Portal to complete a travel declaration and upload test results and get approval, in the form of a BVI Gateway Traveler Authorization Certificate, to visit the BVI before boarding their flight. Proof of medical insurance that includes coverage for COVID-19 must also be provided.
- All travelers will be required to pay for the traveler app, monitoring bracelet and the required two tests (entry and four-day) at a total charge of $175 per person.
- Travelers will be charged $2000 for any tampering or damage to the monitoring bracelet.
- Children ages 5 and under are exempt from testing.
The following will be required for all travelers to the BVI:
- A Certified RT-PCR COVID-19 negative test within five days prior to arrival.
- At a new Welcome Center in the airport, officials will perform health screening including a temperature check plus a COVID-19 PCR test. Visitors will also be required to download to their phone a contact tracing application and use a wearable device (tracking bracelet).
- 6-Night minimum stay.
- Guests must remain quarantined in their rooms during the first 48-hours of their stay or until test results from their arrival COVID test are received.
- Upon negative test results, guests are then provided a safe haven within the confines of Scrub Island, complete with access to all resort amenities.
- A final test will be administered on Tortola following the safe haven 6 day period, which if negative, allows our guests to travel outside of Scrub Island to enjoy the Territory.
If positive results are received:
- Should a guest test positive, they will be required to quarantine for 14 days at the resort, confined to their accommodations, with no access to amenities.
- This is why travel insurance is mandatory!
Traveling back to the U.S.:
- The CDC is requiring all air passengers arriving to the US from a foreign country to get tested no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to provide proof of the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight. Learn more here.
- For travel from the British Virgin Islands, refer to country-specific information here.
If pre-travel testing is required by the country to which guests are traveling to from the BVI, the BVIHSA recommends emailing a request for an appointment to [email protected] at least one week in advance of departure, indicating travel date and the testing requirement of that country (e.g., US is 72 hours).