Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina Greets Holidays with Five Fabulous Feasts
Extravagant Island Dining Events for Christmas, New Year’s Day
WHO: Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, the newest luxury private-island resort in the British Virgin Islands, with 52 guest accommodations, a collection of two-, three- and four-bedroom villas, the intimate Ixora Spa, world-class restaurants such as the popular Caravela, three private beaches and a 55-slip marina.
WHAT: At the talented hands of celebrity Chef Davide Pugliese, Scrub Island Resort has created five extravagant holiday dining events, from Christmas Eve to New Year’s Day:
- Christmas Eve Dinner – As guests arrived at Caravela, they will be welcomed with a glass of champagne before their three-course dinner begins. The menu will include a choice of cream of mushroom soup, gravlax and scallops or prosciutto wrapped asparagus as an appetizer; a choice of carved rib eye, duck two ways, roasted pork loin or roasted wild salmon for the main course; and chocolate lava cake, island panettone or star anise poached pears for dessert. The meal is $75 per person plus gratuity.
- Christmas Day Buffet – The perfect gift for any foodie, the Scrub Island Christmas Day Buffet at Caravela will feature home-style classics like roasted turkey and glazed ham, along with Caribbean favorites such as grilled mahi mahi, chilled shrimp with remoulade. Naughty or nice, guests can round off the meal with an assortment of pies, tortes and Christmas cake with homemade whipped cream for dessert. The meal is $60 per person plus gratuity.
- Boxing Day Buffet – Served at Tierra! Tierra!, the Boxing Day Buffet begins with a Bloody Mary, mimosa or glass of champagne as guests arrive. Among the many specialties available on the buffet are island panettone French toast, seared ahi tuna, crab cake and grilled portabella sandwiches, jerked game hen and dove stew. The meal is a la carte ranging between $17 and $30 plus gratuity.
- Grand Gala New Year’s Eve Buffet – An event to remember, the Grand Gala includes a midnight champagne toast, party favors, DJ and ferry service to/from Trellis Bay until 2 am. The dinner buffet will feature an array of culinary masterpieces, including wasabi gravlax, sesame ahi tuna, prosciutto wrapped grilled asparagus; greens, tomato and mozzarella, orange and fennel, roasted corn and crab and Greek salads; roasted leg of lamb, wild salmon, roasted game hen; and roasted pumpkin black cake, an assortment of pies and pumpkin panna cotta for dessert. The Grand Gala New Year’s Eve Buffet takes place at Caravela and is $125 per person plus gratuity.
- New Year’s Day Brunch – You will find no better way to start 2013 than Scrub Island’s New Year’s Day Brunch, complete with bottomless mimosas, champagne and poinsettias. The resolution-breaking brunch includes a decadent selection of cooked-to-order eggs and omelets, fresh pastry and breads, fresh juices and sliced fruit, cheeses and charcuterie, smoked salmon, pâté, and charcuteries, selection of salads, roasted cinnamon pumpkin, fried sweet plantains, poached grouper, dove roast stew, roasted jerk game hen and a display of house made desserts. The brunch is $55 per person plus gratuity.
WHEN: Christmas Eve Dinner Tuesday, December 24 – 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Caravela
- Christmas Day Wednesday, December 25 – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Caravela
- Boxing Day Buffet Thursday, December 26 – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Tierra! Tierra!
- New Year’s Eve Buffet Tuesday, December 31 – 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Caravela
Grand Gala Festivities until 2 a.m.
- New Year’s Day Brunch Wednesday, January 1 – 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Tierra! Tierra!
To book a stay on Scrub Island Resort for the holidays or reserve a seat at Scrub Island’s holiday tables, call toll-free (877) 890-7444. For more information about Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina visit ScrubIsland.com or stay up-to-date with its latest news and promotions on Facebook or Twitter.