Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina Greets Holidays with Four Fabulous Feasts
Extravagant Island Dining Events for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day
WHO Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, the newest luxury private-island resort in the British Virgin Islands, with 52 guest accommodations, a collection of two-, three- and four-bedroom villas, the intimate Ixora Spa, world-class restaurants such as the popular Caravela, three private beaches and a 55-slip marina.
WHAT At the talented hands of celebrity Chef Juan Morrison, Scrub Island Resort has created four extravagant holiday dining events, from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day:
- Thanksgiving Dinner — The perfect gift for any foodie, the Scrub Island Thanksgiving Dinner at Caravela will feature live music and home-style classics like roasted turkey and glazed ham, along with Caribbean favorites such as sautéed garlic shrimp and tropical lobster coleslaw. Other highlights include braised whole duck with prunes, roasted strip loin beef with horse radish on the side, and an array of pies and cakes for dessert. The buffet is $75 per person plus gratuity.
- Christmas Eve Dinner – As guests arrive at Caravela, their eyes will be overcome by the four-course buffet set before them while a live saxophone player performs holiday tunes. The menu will include a bread and soup station; salad station with options including antipasti, Greek salad and boiled shrimp and mussels; Carved pineapple ham and gravy, roasted holly jolly turkey and an array of chutneys and stuffing for the main course; jerk pork and jerk chicken on the grill; sides including grilled salmon fillet with cranberry sauce and red wine braised short ribs; and for dessert, an array of pies and cakes. The meal is $85 per person plus gratuity and includes a glass of house wine.
- Christmas Day Brunch Buffet – Held at Tierra! Tierra! poolside, featuring a six-piece steel pan band, guests will celebrate Christmas with holiday favorites like jolly chicken pumpkin soup and nutcracker salad. Entrees include almond crusted salmon, golden roasted Christmas turkey and traditional Hanukkah brisket. Naughty or nice, guests round off the meal with bittersweet chocolate marquise, noodle kugel, sugar free cinnamon and walnut parfait and chocolate brownies. The buffet is $65 per person or $85 per person for unlimited bubbly, plus gratuity.
- Grand Gala New Year’s Eve Buffet – An event to remember, the Grand Gala includes a midnight champagne toast, party favors, DJ and ferry service to/from Trellis Bay until 2 am. The dinner buffet will feature an array of culinary masterpieces at seven stations including coconut crusted local fish with light curry sauce, chicken marsala with wild mushrooms, roasted whole pig, bbq jerk chicken, a cascade of seafood and assortment of desserts. The Grand Gala New Year’s Eve Buffet takes place poolside at Tierra! Tierra! and is $135 per person plus gratuity which includes a glass of bubbly for the midnight toast. VIP bottle service runs $550 for eight guests and includes one bottle of: Veuve-Clicquot Champagne, Absolute Vodka, Bacardi Dark or White Rum, Red Wine, White Wine, and Johnny Walker Black Label or Chivas Regal 12, and unlimited soda and boxed juice.
|Thanksgiving Dinner||Thursday, November 27|
|Christmas Eve Dinner||Wednesday, December 24|
|Christmas Day||Thursday, December 25|
|New Year’s Eve Buffet||Wednesday, December 31 – 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Tierra! Tierra! Grand Gala Festivities until 2 a.m.|
To book a stay on Scrub Island Resort for the holidays or reserve a seat at Scrub Island’s holiday tables, call toll-free (877) 890-7444. For more information about Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina visit ScrubIsland.com or stay up-to-date with its latest news and promotions on Facebook or Twitter.
About Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, BVI
Opened in July 2010, Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is named after its location, a serene 230-acre private-island haven situated at the east end of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands. The first luxury resort development in the destination in more than 15 years and first member of Marriott’s Autograph Collection in the Caribbean, the resort is tucked into a rugged cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea and neighboring uninhabited islands. It features 52 guest accommodations as well as a collection of two-, three- and four-bedroom villas, the intimate Ixora Spa, world-class restaurants including the popular Caravela, three private beaches and a 55-slip marina. For more information, call toll free U.S. 813-849-4153 or visit scrubisland.com.
About Mainsail Lodging and Development Group
Mainsail Lodging and Development is a Tampa-based hospitality company that develops and operates lodging products in the Southeastern US and the Caribbean. Their properties include Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina (ScrubIsland.com), a private island resort in the British Virgin Islands and member of Autograph Collection® of Marriott International; Mainsail Beach Inn (MainsailBeachInn.com), a boutique beachfront hotel and marina on Anna Maria Island, Florida; Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay and Mainsail Conference & Event Center (MainsailTampa.com) in Tampa, Florida; Mainsail South, a 328-unit apartment and corporate housing complex in South Tampa; and Mainsail Apartment Homes, a 360-unit apartment community in Tampa’s Westshore district. The company also operates corporate housing throughout the Southeast, exclusively managing the Florida market for Oakwood Worldwide® under both its ExecuStay® (ExecuStay.com) and Oakwood® (Oakwood.com) brands, while also operating ExecuStay (ExecuStay.com) in Georgia, portions of Alabama, and The Carolinas. Opened in December 2013 in Tampa, Florida, the boutique food-focused Epicurean Hotel (EpicureanHotel.com) was created in collaboration with the legendary Bern’s Steak House and is the first newly constructed property in the United States to join the Autograph Collection®.
About Autograph Collection Hotels
The Autograph Collection is an evolving ensemble of strikingly independent hotels. Exactly like nothing else, each destination has been selected for its quality, bold originality, rich character and uncommon details. From near to far, iconic to historic, the result is an array of properties that is nothing less than unique, nothing short of collectively exceptional. For more information and reservations please visit www.autographhotels.com, or explore our social media channels to learn more about championing the independent spirit.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/AutographCollection
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Autograph
- Tumblr: http://autographcollectionhotels.tumblr.com