Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, BVI Hits Renovation Milestones
Private-island resort making renovations, improvements ahead of fall reopening
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS (July 10, 2018) – After months of intensive effort, Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, BVI has completed a number of significant renovations in advance of their full, grand re-opening slated for October 1, 2018. The property was the first full-service resort to return to business in the British Virgin Islands in the wake of Hurricane Irma, which made landfall in September 2017.
“We’re excited to offer our guests a variety of new and improved accommodations, amenities and on-island activities as we wrap up renovations and prepare for our grand reopening,” said Scott McArdle, general manager of Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina. “We’ve been partially open through the spring and summer months, but after many months of clean-up and restoration, we’re ready to return to full operations this fall.”
According to McArdle, the following accommodations and amenities will be available to guests by August 1, 2018:
- 30 rooms and suites available in Marina Village, including 15 guest rooms and 15 one-bedroom suites complete with gourmet kitchens, spacious living areas and expansive balconies overlooking the marina and Great Camanoe.
- Six spacious villas, including the two-bedroom Pool House, Cliff House and Beach House; the three-bedroom Mariner House; and the four-bedroom Reef House and Villa Mila, all of which feature a full gourmet kitchen, elevated dining area, a generous, well-appointed living room and balconies off all bedrooms and living spaces, offering endless views of the Caribbean Sea.
- Multiple dining options, including breakfast, lunch and dinner at Caravela Restaurant, refreshing cocktails at Donovan’s Lounge and a limited menu at the resort’s casual, outdoor restaurant, Tierra! Tierra!. The Gourmet Market & Deli will continue to offer full provisioning for boats and villas, including pizza, pastries, cakes and more.
- New slate of spa treatments at Ixora Spa, now located in The Passage House villa, with multiple treatment rooms, a private pool and a new beachfront cabana where guests can enjoy select treatments while overlooking the Caribbean.
- 24-hour fitness room, a newly upgraded Wi-Fi network that offers the fastest service with coverage throughout the resort, Pavilion Beach with water sports and the recently expanded North Beach, which offers the ultimate in privacy.
- Newly resurfaced and refinished multi-tiered infinity pool and pool bar.
- Fully renovated 55-slip marina with brand new pedestals, providing access to power, and water, as well as new lighting, including underwater illumination.
Scrub Island is also currently offering Dive BVI excursions to explore the beauty of the British Virgin Islands, including The Baths in Virgin Gorda, historic wrecks for diving, Norman Island, and the famous watering holes of Jost van Dyke and Willy T’s. Offshore Sailing is also open and offering a broad range of sailing lessons and boating courses.
Always an exclusive getaway, Scrub Island Resort offers private-island luxury now more than ever, with crystal-clear water, pristine beaches and crowd-free vacationing. For dining and spa reservations, call +1 (284) 394-3440. For room reservations before Oct. 1, call the Tampa reservations office at (813) 849-4116. For reservations after Oct. 1, visit www.ScrubIsland.com.
About Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, BVI
Opened in July 2010, Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is named after its location, a serene 230-acre private-island haven situated at the east end of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands. A luxury, AAA Four Diamond hotel, the resort is tucked into a rugged cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea and neighboring islands. It features 52 guest accommodations as well as a collection of two-, three-, four- and six-bedroom villas, the intimate Ixora Spa, world-class restaurants including the popular Caravela, three private beaches and a 55-slip marina.
About Mainsail Lodging & Development LLC
Mainsail Lodging & Development is a Tampa-based hospitality company that develops and operates lodging products in the Southeastern US and the Caribbean. Their property portfolio includes – Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina (ScrubIsland.com), a private island resort in the British Virgin Islands; the boutique food-focused Epicurean Hotel (EpicureanHotel.com) in Tampa, Florida; and Waterline Marina Resort & Beach Club on Anna Maria Island, Florida; in addition to Mainsail Beach Inn (MainsailBeachInn.com), a boutique beachfront hotel on Anna Maria Island, Florida. The company also operates corporate housing throughout the Southeast, exclusively managing the Florida market for Oakwood Worldwide® under both its ExecuStay® (ExecuStay.com) and Oakwood® (Oakwood.com) brands, while also operating ExecuStay in Georgia, portions of Alabama, and The Carolinas. Two additional Florida hotels are planned for 2018 and 2020, respectively – Fenway Hotel in Dunedin and Luminary Hotel & Co. in Fort Myers. Just north of Tampa in Pasco County, Mainsail Lodging is also developing a 128-room Residence Inn in conjunction with an indoor sports complex, opening in 2019. Mainsail Lodging’s corporate charity is Feeding Tampa Bay – the largest food rescue and distribution organization in the community. Mainsail actively supports the cause through a variety of employee and guest programs ranging from packing and sorting at the warehouse to annual events including Epic Chef Showdown. MainsailHotels.com